June 23 2016
Automotive Publisher Drives Forward With Move to Farnborough Centre
Automotive publisher, Three6Zero Ltd are the latest company to join the growing business community at the newest Arena Business Centre: Abbey House in Farnborough. With the team relocating to the modern office development on Farnborough Road, the centre will become the new UK headquarters for this global media company.
By producing a host of publications along with digital products and delivering interest forum services, the company keeps the automotive industry informed of the latest news across America, Asia, India and Europe. Three6Zero publish into key areas including automotive purchasing, supply chain and logistics and the team are heavily involved with their events programme for the 2016/7 season. Their next UK event is being held at the renowned Claridges hotel in November: industry leaders will gather together for a prestigious black tie evening to connect, discuss, share and celebrate with fellow industry guests.
Commenting on the move to their new Farnborough offices, Catherine Jackson, Chief Marketing Officer, Three6Zero Ltd comments: “Abbey House really is a fabulous office environment that as a company gives us even greater flexibility as it allows us to remain agile. With close access to London and excellent links to both motorway and train routes, we are more easily accessible for many of our UK-based customers and partners. We have a very positive business strategy and this relocation to Farnborough will help us to build on our planned business growth and expansion as we expand our team within such a stunning office environment.”
Following its official opening on the 7th June, the centre team have welcomed a number of entrepreneurs, SMEs and large corporates as residents of the impressively refurbished Abbey House. Located just opposite the train station, the centre has huge appeal for London based companies who wish to relocate to within an easy commute of the capital. With excellent links to Reading, Woking, Guildford and Camberley, the serviced offices offer a fresh opportunity for any company that is looking for a highly modern and inspirational working environment near the M3. As a strong business community continues to develop at the centre, the Arena team looks forward to strengthening this unique and vibrant professional environment with a series of networking events for its clients.
June 16 2016
Arena Business Centres Announce Acquisition of Ninth Centre
Arena Business Centres are delighted to announce the acquisition of their ninth centre within their growing portfolio of business centres across the South.
Roman House is situated within the South Hampshire Industrial Park, Totton, and will be the second Arena centre to be located in the Southampton area. The new centre will provide an excellent out-of-town office location as a contrasting alternative to its sister centre which is located in central Southampton.
Prior to opening its doors as an Arena Business Centre, the 40,000 sq ft building will undergo extensive refurbishment work to transform the space into a stylish and contemporary centre that will provide an outstanding professional environment for start-ups, SMEs and larger organisations alike. The refurbishment programme will include the addition of a stunning new reception area and architecturally designed external features to create a truly impressive aesthetic.
High quality office spaces of varying sizes will be created within, whilst interior-designed break out areas and meeting rooms will provide exceptional additional spaces for clients to utilise. Residents of the centre will benefit from the latest in IT and Telecoms, and become part of the thriving Arena Business Centre community that exists across each centre.
This latest acquisition follows Arena’s highly successful regeneration and refurbishment project at Abbey House, Farnborough. The transformation of Roman House will begin in earnest following the launch of Arena's next centre – The Square at Basing View, Basingstoke. The team look forward to the launch of Roman House and working to assist clients in finding their perfect working environment.
June 9 2016
Abbey House Officially Opened
Tuesday saw the official opening of Arena Business Centres’ latest development in Farnborough with Councillor Jacqui Vosper, Mayor of Farnborough, officiating the unveiling of Abbey House.
After a £3 million investment the centre on Farnborough Road has been given a new lease of life and has been transformed from a dilapidated and neglected office block to a modern, architect-designed development within the heart of Farnborough. The centre is now already home to a number of innovative entrepreneurs, expanding SME’s and large corporates who have reserved off-plan to secure an office in this 50,000 sq ft landmark building.
Commenting on Abbey House, Councillor Jacqui Vosper, says: “For months now I’ve been driving past this building; I’ve been born and bred in Farnborough and it’s so nice to actually see this building brought back to life. We have so many buildings that are just falling apart and we knock them down and rebuild them instead of reusing what we already have. It’s wonderful that Arena Business Centre have chosen Farnborough as the next location for their business centres. Farnborough is becoming quite a hub for businesses both new and existing – it really is a brilliant business community and I hope they will join Arena Business Centre and make it their home.” Ms Vosper concludes.
The Arena team now look forward to further building the emerging business community at the centre and creating a truly vibrant office environment for the companies moving in. They are now working to secure clients for a full range of serviced offices within Abbey House including 2, 4 and 6 person offices increasing in size all the way up to large open plan offices of 10, 000 sq ft.
May 12 2016
Wordery’s Imaginative Staff Haven
The UK’s fastest growing online bookshop, Wordery, has shown that when it comes to designing an office it is about so much more than just the four walls..
Having moved to new open plan offices within Arena Business Centre, Farnborough; they set about creating a bespoke environment to reflect their company values and culture.
Using a series of partitions to create a set of collaboration areas complete with sofas and coffee tables for their growing team, Wordery have also installed bookshelves to house the books they sell and have chosen clever lighting to create a coffee shop feel.
Lucy Manning, Marketing Manager, Wordery comments: ‘Our passion is books and to surround our team in an environment where they can truly reach our loyal customers and convey their passion was key. Through working with the Arena team we have absolutely achieved our goal: a blank canvas has become a unique environment where our 25 strong team of book lovers can truly thrive.’ Ms Manning concludes.
Wordery join a growing client list of forward thinking companies who have moved to Abbey House; a state of the art business centre within 10 minutes’ walk of Farnborough train station. The £3 million refurbishment has succeeded in delivering highly contemporary serviced offices within Farnborough and Arena now look forward to continuing to work with clients to create their perfect working environment at this innovative new centre.
April 28 2016
Innovative Arena Centre Promotes Staff Wellbeing
Abbey House in Farnborough is Arena Business Centres latest state of the art location. So how has this architect inspired and interior designed building been created to deliver the very best for the companies and staff that occupy its space:
1. Time away from the office – Stretching legs and breaks from screen time helps energise throughout the day
2. Collaboration space to share ideas – It’s good to talk whether for an hour or a day, meeting rooms on demand and a business lounge can give that all important time away from the office
3. Giving time to think – The Abbey House quiet lounge is an imaginative space, a step away from the office environment that can give the freedom for those all-important lightbulb moments
4. Breaking away – An informal space for the team to retreat to for a coffee on benches or to gather around a table for lunch
5. Staying rehydrated – Keeping well fuelled and rehydrated throughout the day, the team make sure the kitchens are fully topped up with plenty of tea, coffee and milk
6. Removing stress – Travelling to work can be stressful; showers for staff that cycle to work, walking distance of the train station and on-site parking help to keep that daily commute an easy one
7. Feeling safe – For those working late; the latest CCTV, secure access and well-lit outside space helps put clients at ease
8. In the safe hands of a professional team – A professional team that make it their job to look after the smallest of details for clients and their staff
9. Fresh, vibrant and contemporary – Spending more time in work than out of work, makes it even more important to make it a healthy and enjoyable environment. Consulting with award winning architects and international interior designers, Arena strive to create a bright, modern and truly inspiring working environment
10. ….Are you sitting comfortably – Supporting your back and being well positioned can keep you in the right posture throughout the day. Arena have sourced the latest ergonomic furniture to ensure that every users back health is taken care of. Road tested by the Arena team, its gets their mark of approval
Abbey House in Farnborough opens on 9th May offering serviced offices and managed offices within minutes’ walk of Farnborough town centre and train station.
April 21 2016
Top Ten Tips for a Stress-Free Office Move
With the May opening of Arena’s latest centre, Abbey House in Farnborough, the Arena team share their top ten tips for a smooth office move.
1. Make checklists for viewings. Put together a ‘wish list’ of features that you would like your new office to have and evaluate the spaces that you view alongside your list. Take a checklist of questions to each viewing and ensure that you address all points with the Centre Manager when visiting the centre
2. Organise and de-clutter. Once you have decided on the right space for you, it’s time to start organising your move. An office move presents an excellent opportunity to start afresh and de-clutter your working environment. Make a rule to only move paperwork and other items that are truly necessary so that your new space is organised from the very beginning.
3. Furniture. A key part of the working environment, furniture is an important consideration when moving office. Plan any furniture moves well in advance to avoid any problems with logistics.
To avoid the issue of moving furniture altogether, investigate the option of renting workstations in your new accommodation (workstation rental available from £20 per month at Arena Business Centres).
4. Get creative! Studies have found that certain colours and decoration elements can increase productivity in the workplace – consider the decoration of your space when planning the layout of your new office.
5. Telephones. It is imperative that communications are uninterrupted whilst moving office, so that your business can continue to run seamlessly. Arrange for telephones to be diverted to a suitable alternative number or programme a voicemail to ensure that communication remains unimpeded by the big move.
6. Internet Connectivity. To avoid any delays at the start of the first working day in your new office, ensure that patching is completed and internet connectivity is tested in advance.
7. Have fun! Ensure that moving day is a fun experience for the members of staff involved – a move to a new office should be exciting, so have a think about how to inject some fun into the experience. When moving to Arena, some of our clients have brought ‘survival packages’ of delicious treats and beverages, and have opted to listen to music whilst working to move their belongings into their new space.
8. Update address. Don’t forget to share news of your move with all of your contacts: update e-mail footers, business cards and letterheads with your new contact details.
9. Redirect post. To ensure that no important letters or deliveries go astray, consider setting up a postal redirection with Royal Mail.
10. Enjoy your new working environment!
March 23 2016
goHenry Latest Company to Join Farnborough Centre
Innovative children’s banking provider, goHenry, is the latest company in a future community of entrepreneurs, SME’s and global corporations to join Arena Business Centres newest location in Farnborough. In readiness for an April move, the company have chosen a large open plan space for their 20 strong team at Abbey House on Farnborough Road.
Giving unique parental controls with a pre-paid card and app for young people between 8 and 18, the company have enjoyed rave reviews of their innovative technology for the next generation of spenders. With the goHenry card, the company are passionate about promoting good money habits and giving children the essential life skills to earn and save starting with the first steps of paying pocket money.
Commenting on the move Ruth Vero, Head of Member Services, goHenry Ltd says; “Abbey House offers a superb modern environment for our company’s next step, we are really excited to be moving into this exceptional business centre where the whole team will really thrive in this bright, vibrant and modern environment. Our IT requirements meant that we required a really robust system which the fibre provision at the centre allows us.” Ms Vero concludes.
With 25% of the centre’s available space now pre-sold, the second phase of offices will be released to accommodate clients in May. After a £3m refurbishment, award winning architects have created a truly first class working environment. Working with international interior designers, the centre's executive offices and collaboration areas deliver a new generation of serviced offices and business centres. In the meantime the team are busy booking tours of the building for 5th April, to allow an early glimpse of everything Abbey House has to offer.
March 11 2016
Farnborough Business Centre Springs Towards Opening
Abbey House in Farnborough is getting ready to welcome its first clients to the centre on 1st April. The centre on Farnborough Road has undergone a £3 million refurbishment over 12 months from a tired and neglected 60’s office block to a truly stunning state of the art business centre.
Western Design Architects have transformed the space by creating a series of collaboration areas, brightly coloured stairwells and coloured glazing to the ageing 60’s office block. Matthew Witt, Director, Western Design Architects comments: “Our vision for Abbey House involved our team taking an ordinary office structure and creating it into an extraordinary piece of design. We hope to have crafted a landmark building that is a truly inspirational working environment, representing the next generation of business centres and serviced offices .” Mr. Witt concludes.
A fully sustainable building, with the latest fibre offering and London interior designed spaces, the next few weeks now sees a final push of work. Completing the projects there are a team of around 100 local engineers, builders and assorted specialist workmen on site in readiness for the centres clients. Arena has been closely working with entrepreneurs, SMEs and global corporations to offer bespoke office solutions to their requirements whether they are looking for an office for two people or large open space for 200.
March 3 2016
Basingstoke Business Centre Celebrates 1st Year Anniversary
This month sees Arena Business Centre in Basingstoke celebrate its first year anniversary at Lime Tree Gate in Chineham. The 20,000 sq. ft. building provides an exceptional working environment from entrepreneurs to global corporations that now occupy the centre.
Delivering a vibrant business community, the centre on Lime Tree Way offers state of the art IT communications and interior designed meeting spaces. Led by centre manager, Wendy Marks (pictured), the highly professional team strive to ensure that for every client it is a pleasure to come to work.
Sharron Domanska, Director, Arena Business Centres comments: “We are thrilled to be marking our first year anniversary in Basingstoke with the release of a second phase of office space on our first floor. We really looked forward to meeting with prospective clients and showing this 10,000 sq. ft. office space that can be undertaken on a leased or managed basis to accommodate a large head office, satellite office or global corporation.” Ms Domanska concludes.
Expanding Arena’s offering within Basingstoke, The Square will open in December 2016, to provide a highly desirable office location in Basing View and within minutes’ walk of the train station, John Lewis and Waitrose. With a spring launch of their latest centre in Farnborough underway, Arena will soon boast a network of seven prestigious centres across the South West.
February 4 2016
Eighth Centre Acquired for Arena Business Centres
This month sees serviced office provider, Arena Business Centres, acquire its eighth business centre. The Square in Basingstoke adds to Arena’s growing portfolio of locations across the South of England and strengthens its offering to the Hampshire business community.
Choosing The Square for its central location in Basing View, the 40, 000 sq. ft. building is close to junction 6 of the M3 and within easy access of the M4.
Arena’s second centre within Basingstoke, The Square’s location compliments that of Lime Tree Gate in Chineham which celebrates its first year anniversary this month. The centre on Lime Tree Way in Chineham will help those local companies who have immediate office space requirements in an out of town location.
Sharron Domanska, Operations Director, Arena Business Centre comments: “This recent acquisition offers a hugely exciting opportunity for Arena to further establish ourselves within the Basingstoke area. We look forward to building a strong business network across our two centres, to create a thriving business community.” Concludes Ms Domanska.
In addition to identifying new locations to add to their growing portfolio of centres in 2016, the team are busy working on the launch of their seventh centre Abbey House in Farnborough on 1st May.
How can Arena help you?
Space for you to performClick an image to enter our centre gallery