May 12 2016
Wordery’s Imaginative Staff Haven
The UK’s fastest growing online bookshop, Wordery, has shown that when it comes to designing an office it is about so much more than just the four walls..
Having moved to new open plan offices within Arena Business Centre, Farnborough; they set about creating a bespoke environment to reflect their company values and culture.
Using a series of partitions to create a set of collaboration areas complete with sofas and coffee tables for their growing team, Wordery have also installed bookshelves to house the books they sell and have chosen clever lighting to create a coffee shop feel.
Lucy Manning, Marketing Manager, Wordery comments: ‘Our passion is books and to surround our team in an environment where they can truly reach our loyal customers and convey their passion was key. Through working with the Arena team we have absolutely achieved our goal: a blank canvas has become a unique environment where our 25 strong team of book lovers can truly thrive.’ Ms Manning concludes.
Wordery join a growing client list of forward thinking companies who have moved to Abbey House; a state of the art business centre within 10 minutes’ walk of Farnborough train station. The £3 million refurbishment has succeeded in delivering highly contemporary serviced offices within Farnborough and Arena now look forward to continuing to work with clients to create their perfect working environment at this innovative new centre.
April 28 2016
Innovative Arena Centre Promotes Staff Wellbeing
Abbey House in Farnborough is Arena Business Centres latest state of the art location. So how has this architect inspired and interior designed building been created to deliver the very best for the companies and staff that occupy its space:
1. Time away from the office – Stretching legs and breaks from screen time helps energise throughout the day
2. Collaboration space to share ideas – It’s good to talk whether for an hour or a day, meeting rooms on demand and a business lounge can give that all important time away from the office
3. Giving time to think – The Abbey House quiet lounge is an imaginative space, a step away from the office environment that can give the freedom for those all-important lightbulb moments
4. Breaking away – An informal space for the team to retreat to for a coffee on benches or to gather around a table for lunch
5. Staying rehydrated – Keeping well fuelled and rehydrated throughout the day, the team make sure the kitchens are fully topped up with plenty of tea, coffee and milk
6. Removing stress – Travelling to work can be stressful; showers for staff that cycle to work, walking distance of the train station and on-site parking help to keep that daily commute an easy one
7. Feeling safe – For those working late; the latest CCTV, secure access and well-lit outside space helps put clients at ease
8. In the safe hands of a professional team – A professional team that make it their job to look after the smallest of details for clients and their staff
9. Fresh, vibrant and contemporary – Spending more time in work than out of work, makes it even more important to make it a healthy and enjoyable environment. Consulting with award winning architects and international interior designers, Arena strive to create a bright, modern and truly inspiring working environment
10. ….Are you sitting comfortably – Supporting your back and being well positioned can keep you in the right posture throughout the day. Arena have sourced the latest ergonomic furniture to ensure that every users back health is taken care of. Road tested by the Arena team, its gets their mark of approval
Abbey House in Farnborough opens on 9th May offering serviced offices and managed offices within minutes’ walk of Farnborough town centre and train station.
April 21 2016
Top Ten Tips for a Stress-Free Office Move
With the May opening of Arena’s latest centre, Abbey House in Farnborough, the Arena team share their top ten tips for a smooth office move.
1. Make checklists for viewings. Put together a ‘wish list’ of features that you would like your new office to have and evaluate the spaces that you view alongside your list. Take a checklist of questions to each viewing and ensure that you address all points with the Centre Manager when visiting the centre
2. Organise and de-clutter. Once you have decided on the right space for you, it’s time to start organising your move. An office move presents an excellent opportunity to start afresh and de-clutter your working environment. Make a rule to only move paperwork and other items that are truly necessary so that your new space is organised from the very beginning.
3. Furniture. A key part of the working environment, furniture is an important consideration when moving office. Plan any furniture moves well in advance to avoid any problems with logistics.
To avoid the issue of moving furniture altogether, investigate the option of renting workstations in your new accommodation (workstation rental available from £20 per month at Arena Business Centres).
4. Get creative! Studies have found that certain colours and decoration elements can increase productivity in the workplace – consider the decoration of your space when planning the layout of your new office.
5. Telephones. It is imperative that communications are uninterrupted whilst moving office, so that your business can continue to run seamlessly. Arrange for telephones to be diverted to a suitable alternative number or programme a voicemail to ensure that communication remains unimpeded by the big move.
6. Internet Connectivity. To avoid any delays at the start of the first working day in your new office, ensure that patching is completed and internet connectivity is tested in advance.
7. Have fun! Ensure that moving day is a fun experience for the members of staff involved – a move to a new office should be exciting, so have a think about how to inject some fun into the experience. When moving to Arena, some of our clients have brought ‘survival packages’ of delicious treats and beverages, and have opted to listen to music whilst working to move their belongings into their new space.
8. Update address. Don’t forget to share news of your move with all of your contacts: update e-mail footers, business cards and letterheads with your new contact details.
9. Redirect post. To ensure that no important letters or deliveries go astray, consider setting up a postal redirection with Royal Mail.
Enjoy your new working environment!
March 23 2016
goHenry Latest Company to Join Farnborough Centre
Innovative children’s banking provider, goHenry, is the latest company in a future community of entrepreneurs, SME’s and global corporations to join Arena Business Centres newest location in Farnborough. In readiness for an April move, the company have chosen a large open plan space for their 20 strong team at Abbey House on Farnborough Road.
Giving unique parental controls with a pre-paid card and app for young people between 8 and 18, the company have enjoyed rave reviews of their innovative technology for the next generation of spenders. With the goHenry card, the company are passionate about promoting good money habits and giving children the essential life skills to earn and save starting with the first steps of paying pocket money.
Commenting on the move Ruth Vero, Head of Member Services, goHenry Ltd says; “Abbey House offers a superb modern environment for our company’s next step, we are really excited to be moving into this exceptional business centre where the whole team will really thrive in this bright, vibrant and modern environment. Our IT requirements meant that we required a really robust system which the fibre provision at the centre allows us.” Ms Vero concludes.
With 25% of the centre’s available space now pre-sold, the second phase of offices will be released to accommodate clients in May. After a £3m refurbishment, award winning architects have created a truly first class working environment. Working with international interior designers, the centre's executive offices and collaboration areas deliver a new generation of serviced offices and business centres. In the meantime the team are busy booking tours of the building for 5th April, to allow an early glimpse of everything Abbey House has to offer.
March 11 2016
Farnborough Business Centre Springs Towards Opening
Abbey House in Farnborough is getting ready to welcome its first clients to the centre on 1st April. The centre on Farnborough Road has undergone a £3 million refurbishment over 12 months from a tired and neglected 60’s office block to a truly stunning state of the art business centre.
Western Design Architects have transformed the space by creating a series of collaboration areas, brightly coloured stairwells and coloured glazing to the ageing 60’s office block. Matthew Witt, Director, Western Design Architects comments: “Our vision for Abbey House involved our team taking an ordinary office structure and creating it into an extraordinary piece of design. We hope to have crafted a landmark building that is a truly inspirational working environment, representing the next generation of business centres and serviced offices .” Mr. Witt concludes.
A fully sustainable building, with the latest fibre offering and London interior designed spaces, the next few weeks now sees a final push of work. Completing the projects there are a team of around 100 local engineers, builders and assorted specialist workmen on site in readiness for the centres clients. Arena has been closely working with entrepreneurs, SMEs and global corporations to offer bespoke office solutions to their requirements whether they are looking for an office for two people or large open space for 200.
March 3 2016
Basingstoke Business Centre Celebrates 1st Year Anniversary
This month sees Arena Business Centre in Basingstoke celebrate its first year anniversary at Lime Tree Gate in Chineham. The 20,000 sq. ft. building provides an exceptional working environment from entrepreneurs to global corporations that now occupy the centre.
Delivering a vibrant business community, the centre on Lime Tree Way offers state of the art IT communications and interior designed meeting spaces. Led by centre manager, Wendy Marks (pictured), the highly professional team strive to ensure that for every client it is a pleasure to come to work.
Sharron Domanska, Director, Arena Business Centres comments: “We are thrilled to be marking our first year anniversary in Basingstoke with the release of a second phase of office space on our first floor. We really looked forward to meeting with prospective clients and showing this 10,000 sq. ft. office space that can be undertaken on a leased or managed basis to accommodate a large head office, satellite office or global corporation.” Ms Domanska concludes.
Expanding Arena’s offering within Basingstoke, The Square will open in December 2016, to provide a highly desirable office location in Basing View and within minutes’ walk of the train station, John Lewis and Waitrose. With a spring launch of their latest centre in Farnborough underway, Arena will soon boast a network of seven prestigious centres across the South West.
February 4 2016
Eighth Centre Acquired for Arena Business Centres
This month sees serviced office provider, Arena Business Centres, acquire its eighth business centre. The Square in Basingstoke adds to Arena’s growing portfolio of locations across the South of England and strengthens its offering to the Hampshire business community.
Choosing The Square for its central location in Basing View, the 40, 000 sq. ft. building is close to junction 6 of the M3 and within easy access of the M4.
Arena’s second centre within Basingstoke, The Square’s location compliments that of Lime Tree Gate in Chineham which celebrates its first year anniversary this month. The centre on Lime Tree Way in Chineham will help those local companies who have immediate office space requirements in an out of town location.
Sharron Domanska, Operations Director, Arena Business Centre comments: “This recent acquisition offers a hugely exciting opportunity for Arena to further establish ourselves within the Basingstoke area. We look forward to building a strong business network across our two centres, to create a thriving business community.” Concludes Ms Domanska.
In addition to identifying new locations to add to their growing portfolio of centres in 2016, the team are busy working on the launch of their seventh centre Abbey House in Farnborough on 1st May.
December 17 2015
Principal People Choose Farnborough Centre for New Head Office
This month sees Principal People Recruitment sign on an office at Abbey House in Farnborough. The UK’s leading health and safety recruitment firm will be joining the centre located on Farnborough Road when it opens in March 2016. Within two minutes’ walk of Farnborough train station, the company has signed off plan to secure the best office to fit the company’s expansion.
Commenting on the move, Simon Bliss, Managing Director, Principal People says; “From viewing Arena Business Centre in Basingstoke, the quality of offices, the support and services that come with the package plus the flexibility they gave us to design space, helped us to choose Abbey House in advance. The location and financial flexibility has enabled us to find a long term base for our company. “ Simon continues, “The exceptional location of Abbey House within two minutes of the train station will allow us to open our talent pool, we can recruit further afield in new areas where staff can hop on a train and quickly arrive at work. This will hugely help our business over the coming years in recruiting and retaining exceptional people.” Simon concludes.
The company have been placing health and safety candidates for over 30 years. Working with some of the largest industry names including Coca Cola, Land Rover, Rolls Royce and Heinz they have a true understanding of niche markets and placing outstanding candidates into leading roles. After doubling sales, the company aims to add another 80% growth to the business, seeing turnover increase from 1.5 to 2.7m over the coming year. Entering the Recruitment International Awards and TEAM Recruitment awards is testament to the companys achievements and high levels of excellence.
Describing the office Simon continues “We loved the layout of the office and the fact is as Abbey House has 5 storey’s, we can have the ability to expand to a 40 person space in other parts of the building with ease. That type of agility is crucial to our business.”
After a £3m refurbishment, Abbey House will open in March 2016, with its close proximity to the train station it will give direct access to London. The architect inspired building and interior designed spaces ensure the centre will offer exceptional business lounges and meeting rooms, contemporary bespoke offices and state of art of the facilities.
Download their PDF HERE
December 10 2015
Positive Staff Growth with Lending Company
This month sees specialist master broker, Positive Lending, reach its highest number of staff after a successful Autumn recruitment drive. With a strong belief in recruiting locally, the company have contributed to the development and growth of the local economy.
Based at Arena Business Centre in Ferndown, Positive Lending have expanded their operation in order to double their capacity to arrange mortgages and loans. Their open plan headquarters on Nimrod Way in Ferndown have significantly developed from the two person office they moved to in 2008. Over a 7 year period, founders Chris Fairfax and Paul McGonigle, have steadily grown the business and taken larger space as the business dictates; from a 5 person office, to a 10 person office to the large open plan suite they occupy today.
The demand for more office space to accommodate increasing staff numbers reflects the company’s growth strategy; which has been fuelled by post-recession consumer borrowing and Positive Lending’s understanding to the opportunities within the financial markets.
Paul McGonigle, Managing Director of Positive Lending comments: ‘Just in the last month we have recruited three new members of staff, growing the Positive team to a 30 strong head count of financial experts. We believe that people are at the core of our success; my mantra is ‘team work makes the dream work’ and our team works! Having office space in this location with Arena has enabled us to accommodate our business growth, we fully appreciate the flexibility shown to us by Arena.’ Mr McGonigle concludes.
Ongoing people investment at the firm promotes staff development through continuous industry training, team days and rewarding remuneration packages. Now, with a series of industry awards and accolades to recognise their success in 2015, founders Chris Fairfax and Paul McGonigle can reflect on their achievements and look forward to a prosperous 2016.
November 26 2015
Transparity Head Office Moves
This month sees the relocation of technology consulting and support organisation, Transparity, to Arena Business Centre in Ferndown. The offices on Nimrod Way will accommodate the company’s expanding and talented team of technology specialists.
Their move to larger and open plan offices within the centre allows them to work towards their growth plans and most importantly invest in the acquisition of consulting technicians within both ‘cloud’ and ‘on-premise’ support and solutions.
The company’s founders, David Jobbins and Colin Macandrew have over 30 years of IT experience in senior roles. This partnering brings a strong business ethic, that has seen some of the largest IT companies become their long term clients.
Their portfolio of expertise spans a multitude of technical functions; from systems discovery, design and deployment to infrastructure and user support. Working with the very best vendors to provide Solutions, Cloud, Support and People services in accordance with their clients' requirements.
David Jobbins, Sales Director, Transparity comments: “We are delighted to announce that the growth of Transparity continues apace with our move to larger, more suitable offices at Arena Business Centre, Ferndown. From here, Arena helps us as a business in bringing a uniquely flexible working environment with advanced disaster recovery and failover capabilities to increase client interaction, commitment and overall support.” Mr. Jobbins concludes.
How can Arena help you?
Space for you to performClick an image to enter our centre gallery